I'm looking for a way to incorporate a conditional check of a field value during a transition and displaying an additional required field (or skipping that step if the condition is not true) and need some help. To be clear, my only option is to use things built in to Jira so please do not offer paid plugin-related answers.
So, I have an existing transition between Code Complete and Ready for QA called "Needs QA" where the engineer is prompted to complete certain fields (like Fixversion, QA Required? and Testing Details) before they can proceed.
I would like to also check if a yes/no field "X enabled?" is filled out, but only for issues with a specific value in a custom field "ABC Team" = X. So basically issues that have have ABC Team != X can skip this and those that have ABC Team = X need to also chose a value (yes or no) for the "X enabled?" field.
Is there a way to do this in one step for users with ABC Team != X, without creating a new status or a new workflow? I've poked at a few things but am not figuring it out.
Thanks!