I have the same problem as this:
Solved: Inserting images
Namely, I am working on some documentation that is heavy on screenshots, and selecting each image individually to change the alignment is giving me wrist cramps.
However, the question above is solved, and I would like to see more information. According to the accepted answer, having a setting that defaults image alignment for new insertions is not an option.
Instead, I want to know of any creative options that might be out there. I saw some questions that discussed defining a style via CSS, but it's from a long time ago and I'm not finding the tools described in the answers that are 8+ years old. Is there a way to get under the hood and, for example, find-replace all the align tags in the HTML? wiki markup? macros? select ALL the images on a given page and make them all align-left with one command? Scripting?
It just feels wrong that I cannot do this in Confluence, when if I were hand-coding HTML it could be done with any old text editor. It does much to inhibit my being a fan of this tool. If nothing else, there should be an "expert interface" of some kind so that power users can get the tool to do exactly what we tell it to, as opposed to what Atlassian thinks we should be doing!