Hi everybody,
we are trying to use Jira edge connector (JEC) to establish a communication between our Cloud Jira and on-prem tool.
Unfortunately I cannot seem to make it work, so I guess I am missing something. And documentation for JEC is very limited.
So I followed instructions provided by Atlassian:
Install JEC and prepare config file
{
"apiKey" : "xxx-xxx-xxx",
"baseUrl" : "https://api.atlassian.com",
"logLevel" : "debug",
"actionMappings" : {
"testJEC" : {
"sourceType" : "local",
"filepath" : "/home/jsm/jec/scripts/othertest.py",
"env" : [],
"stdout" : "/home/jsm/jec/output/testout.txt",
"stderr" : "/home/jsm/jec/output/testout.txt"
}
},
"pollerConf" : {
"pollingWaitIntervalInMillis" : 100,
"visibilityTimeoutInSeconds" : 30,
"maxNumberOfMessages" : 10
},
"poolConf" : {
"maxNumberOfWorker": 12,
"minNumberOfWorker": 4,
"queueSize" : 0,
"keepAliveTimeInMillis" : 6000,
"monitoringPeriodInMillis" : 15000
}
}
Prepare simple script
Simple script othertest.py that just writes text in a file (so that I can see that it has been triggered)
f = open("output.txt", "w")
f.write("Test file\n")
f.close()Create automation
Automation should trigger action testJEC. Also I used apiKey generated here in the config file.

Run JEC
Run JEC using
sudo systemctl start jec
So after all this set up, when I trigger my automation, it should call on-prem JEC through Connection and through config file it should select action testJEC which should run a script othertest.py as defined in config file. But nothing happenes. So what am I doing wrong?
I checked and I can ping to my server and from my server to api.atlassian.com. Automation runs successfully.