I use Jira Releases for managing releases of our product. Wanted to understand how to prevent adding new issues to a Released Fix versions.
We do not want any new items to be added to a fix version that is marked as Released.
Hi @kiranmayi , welcome to the community.
Unless you archive the fix version there is no way to prevent someone from adding an issue to a fix version. I believe that Archiving is only available in premium but I am unable to verify if that has changed or not.
Hi @Jack Brickey
Archiving a version is available from the Releases page, even for the Free license level of Jira.
Kind regards,Bill
way cool...thanks Bill
This fixes one problem but introduces a different one: you can't use an archived version in the "Affects Versions" field.Any other options?Why not forbid adding an issue to a released version at all? If someone needs to add an issue to a released version, just unrelease it temporarily.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.