Hello!
I am attempting to automate filling the Organisations-field in Jira Cloud SM. It's not going very swimmingly, unfortunately. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open to anything.
As it stands, we have to manually fill the organisations field every time a new issue is created, all methods. Since our setup relies on the organisations field for SLA's due to differing contracts, it's important to get the right organisation into this field.
Thus far I've tried creating a multi-branch automation rule.
- Trigger when issue created
- Every branch:
- Check if the Reporter Domain-field contains a domain, such as @XYZ.com.
- Fills the Organisations field with XYZ org if found.

This unfortunately does not seem to work. No errors in the audit log, but the basic "No actions were performed."
Another thing I tried was relying on the automation action "Edit issue fields" that targets the Organisations-field with "Use reporter's email domain" with "Create organisation if it doesn't exist" toggled off. We want the Organisations-field to be populated by pre-exising organisations, not ones like bebop.com.
Unfortunately, this also doesnt work. No errors, but says "Success" while nothing happens.
Every one of our organisations has an email domain attached to it (the fairly new feature of Jira Organisations tab), but that doesnt seem to be a field we can refer to for automation or JQL.