Hi,
I want to create a custom field for Epic issue type that is of type user picker (single user). When I try to these are the following options (screenshot). I don't want people as it is not a field type that is supported in Jira plans
Hello, Good day. I believe you are using "Team managed project". You can create a custom field from settings >> Issues >> Custom field and then use that field in Team managed project.
Hello @Martin Tenny
Welcome to the Atlassian community..
Based on that screen image you are working with a Team Managed project. Those are the only field types available if you want to make a custom field that is local to that one project.
However in a Team Managed project you can use Custom Fields defined for use in Company Managed projects if the field has a global context. See this old announcement. The functionality has been released.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Cloud-Admins-articles/Announcing-the-ability-to-re-use-global-custom-fields-in-team/ba-p/2209113
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.