Initially, the 'Assignee' field in Jira Automation is a drop down that lets me lookup users when creating a rule, but after it's saved, the field converts the user to an account ID (not great since that's not human readable) and if I try to modify it, it no longer operates as a drop down which forces me to look up the user's account ID and enter it manually. This is less than ideal since looking up a user's account ID every time, is going to be taxing. Surely this is a bug since it operates as a drop down initially? All other fields retain the drop down functionality, like Sprint and Labels. I'm only having this issue with any user field.
This issue is present in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge, so I'm assuming it's not a browser issue.
EDIT: this is under the 'Create Issue' action. Also, an oddity is that the ID format it's converting to is abnormal from the account ID we get from the URL.
Example of the converted ID format (not real IDs for the sake of the post):
4558f9d9frty6169vfg35e44
Example of the account ID format from URL:
458796:11111fe4-11e5-4f88-8f11-c2f11111c111