I'm using Confluence Cloud that is connected to Slack. When I use /confluence search it is searching the entire Confluence. Is there a way to restrict the search only to the connected/subscribed pages?
Hi @Mike Levin
Each Slack channel can have multiple Confluence Space subscriptions. If you want to limit the search you could create a new Slack channel and only subscribe to the spaces you want to search on.
You can see which spaces your channel is subscribed to via:
/confluence list
On the
/confluence search
I do not believe there are any switches to pass it to narrow the scope.
I tried the suggestion with the new channel and subscribing to a single page only, but the search still works the same - searches the entire Confluence instance, all spaces
Hmm. You are right. I went to verify that it would only look at the subscribed space, and it is looking into all spaces, even ones I have restricted. I believe you found a bug.
Hi Shawn. What would be the next step?
Currently the doesn't provide a built-in feature to limit the search scope to a specific space directly using the `/confluence search` command.
We have these feature requests to improve the search for Slack Confluence integration:
I understand this is not the desired scenario right now, but I hope this at least clarifies why the search returns all spaces in the results.
Regards,Jessica
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.