Good evening guys.
I need to create an automation, where if changes were committed to sandbox , issue should be moved to QA stage , how can I do it? Tried multiple options , not really working
Hi @Dmitri Vaschuk -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
For an automation question, please also post an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution.
Until we see that, what is not working as you expected?
Have you tried writing the commit smart value information to the audit log to compare to what you are testing: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-development/#--commit--
Kind regards,Bill
Hello @Dmitri Vaschuk
Welcome to the Atlassian community.
Disclaimer: I don't have a Jira environment that is integrated with development tools so I cannot execute rules that relate to commits, branches, and pull requests.
What is the output in the rule execution Audit Log for when this rule runs? That should tell you if the conditions are passing or failing. It should also tell you if the Transition Issue action is able to execute, and if it isn't then it should tell you why.
You may also want to insert Log Actions immediately after the Trigger and before the Conditions.
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-automation-actions/#Log-action
Use those actions to print into the rule execution Audit Log the actual values of the smart values you are trying to evaluate in your Conditions. That way you can confirm those smart values are set as you expect them to be.
To automate moving an issue to QA when changes are committed to the sandbox, set up a rule in Jira Automation like this:
Ensure proper permissions and mappings are in place for the workflow. For "infection control experts," incorporate the term in issue summaries or commit messages where relevant.
Hey Did as described, nothing happens despite I committed to sandbox.What I did in a wrong way?
Here is how I tried initially, commit branch condition is not working here.No actions performed. Despite commit branch was sandbox
My understanding is the branch smart values are only available with the branch-related triggers, and not the commit ones.
Did you try writing the smart value you are testing in the condition to the audit log to observe what it contains? That is what both Trudy and I were suggesting.
First of all thank you guys!Now I know how to work with audit log extended options.Seems that {{commit.branch}} is not working and it's not listed in documentation even as possible one (sorry chat GPT, you were wrong).Do you see any other way to run automation using commit to sandbox event? Maybe some jql magic?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.