Note that I don't want to extract the reporter field, as this field is mutable and can be changed.
I need to extract the name of the person who initially logged the issue.
I have tried the changelog endpoint below but this doesn't seem to start logging until after the issue is created, so doesn't record the person who logged the issue.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-2-issue-issueidorkey-changelog-get
It doesn't appear to be available via the 'get issue' endpoint either.
Any other ideas?
Hi @Joshua Bennett
You can use creator field. Creator will be the one who created the issue in Jira.
https://<sitename>.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/ABC-123?fields=creator
Also, you can add creator field as column in issue navigator and it will show you the creator name:
Regards,Ashish
Hi @Joshua Bennett - additionally to what @Ashish Bijlwan suggested, you can use smart values (Find all available smart values for a Jira issue) in an Automation for Jira rule to obtain the creator's values and set them in any way you want.
Smart value: {{issue.fields.creator.displayName}}
See the example in the attached picture below:
I hope this helps you!
- Pablo / SSE - ServiceRocket
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.