I'm pretty new to working with Forms and automated rules in Jira, so please bear with me if this has an obvious answer I'm clearly missing!
I have a Form I created in Jira Forms and a corresponding rule that fires when the form is submitted. I'm using the Edit Issue action in my rule to set the Description of the issue based on various responses in the Form itself.
Most of this is working out great. For example, all of these work fine:
*Submitted By:* {{issue.reporter.displayName}}
*Due Date:* {{forms.last.standardDueDate.fullDate}}
My issue is that I'm trying to add text based on the .id property of certain fields in my form. Looking at this documentation, I see that a dropdown and a checkbox type component in my form have the .id property. I have a checkbox component whose field key I set to "dueOnCheck" and a dropdown component whose field key I set to "requestType". And when I run my rule with these set:
forms.last.dueOnCheck.id = ({{forms.last.dueOnCheck.id}})
forms.last.requestType.id = ({{forms.last.requestType.id}})
I get (1) and (10262), respectively.
But neither of these if statements are executing:
{{#if(equals(forms.last.dueOnCheck.id, 1))}} test{{/}}
{{#if(equals(forms.last.requestType.id, 10262))}} second test {{/}}
I've got other if statements that do work, and I've tried so many other things, but it seems like it might be due to the .id property, as when I tried explicitly casting them as strings or numbers, my output was (), even though without casting them I got the correct value.
Can anyone provide me some guidance here on what I might be doing wrong, or how this is meant to work?