I'm trying to integrate Cloudflare CASB with our Atlassian Confluence instance but encountering issues. When I attempt to authorize from Cloudflare, it redirects me to an error page stating:
"Add the following scopes to the Confluence API: read:space:confluence."
(This scope is assigned to the app I created, but how is Cloudflare being directed to this app, if at all?)
Here’s what I’ve done so far:
- I created an OAuth 2.0 app in the Atlassian developer portal.
- Granted these permissions, per Cloudflare's documentation:
read:confluence-space.summaryread:confluence-propsread:confluence-content.allread:confluence-content.summaryread:confluence-content.permissionread:confluence-userread:confluence-groups- read:space:confluence
I cannot figure out:
- How to add this app to our Confluence tenant. It’s private, and I want to keep it that way.
- I see mentions of an AppDescriptor URL, but this app is not hosted anywhere. Is there a way to bypass or fulfill this requirement for a private app that only needs to pass data to Cloudflare?
- Whether the issue is related to a missing
read:space:confluence permission for my admin account or the app or elsewhere.
Is there a step I’m missing in the app setup, or should I not be creating a custom app at all for this integration? Am I missing some documentation that would save me?
Any guidance would be appreciated!