I need certain labels, not all of them, to stay in jira even if no issue is using it.
Example use case
We use a label "needs_release_note", when a jira issue needs info for release notes.
Once that info is provided we remove the label.
I want to have that label in the selection even if there are no issue using it.
It's basically the inverse of
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/unused-labels/qaq-p/402445
@ccenvcvb Have a dummy issue (story) created and enter all the labels in it. This way you can get the labels in the dropdown while querying.
Hi Arun,
Thank you for your reply. I thought of that as a work-around.
The downside is that that dummy issue will appear in all queries on those labels.
What if you give no-one permission to view the issue that has the label to be saved? Either with a security scheme or a project permission scheme. Yes, it's a hack. But this is due to the way that Jira implemented Labels years ao
I'll try that, unfortunately, activating issue security appears to be no walk in the park.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.