is there a glitch with Jira at the moment where users cannot add a comment for Bugs?
Hello @Alu Lu
Welcome to the community
We had ongoing issues which led to customers being unable to comment on the issues. It should be fixed now.
Thank You,
Prachi
Hi Ala,
Welcome to the community!
Generally speaking, this doesn't sound like an Atlassian-wide bug, but in fact something your Jira administrator has configured in the workflow that is being used for Bugs. It is possible to configure that comments are not accepted in (certain stages of) Bugs. Or, if Bugs are located in a specific Jira Project, you might be missing some permissions.
I would reach out to your Jira admins to get support for this issue
Best regards,
Hans
Experiencing the same from a few hours ago. No configuration changes were done. So assuming an Atlassian bug.
Hi Ayesha,
I have just tried adding a comment to a 'Bug' issue type in my test environment and I don't see any issues here. Assuming you don't work for the same organization as Ala, it's indeed odd that you are both experiencing the same behaviour.
Can you maybe share a screenshot of what you're seeing?
I see the 'Description' and 'Comment' as in your screenshot. But when I click the Editable text field is not there. That is the issue. This is only for the user type 'Bug'.
It appears to have resolved on its own
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.