Dear All,
Its very encouraging to get response from the community. Thanks for the support.
I am presently facing an issue with Automation rule.
I have an Epic and its child Tasks (6 of them). When I change the start date of my Parent, I should change the child task with the same number of days.
The below code captures the difference.... which works fine.
{{issue.customfield_10015.diff(issue.parent.customfield_10015).days}}
I need to set the start date of my child task (customfield_10015) by adding this difference.
I used a variable to store the difference daysToAdd as number and even stored the converted value to another Variable formattedDaysToAdd using ({{daysToAdd.asNumber}}
When I am adding the difference to a child issue, using the below code,
{{issue.customfield_10015.plusDays({{formattedDaysToAdd}})}}
I am getting an error. "Unable to render smart values when executing this rule:
Failed to get value for issue.customfield_10015.plusDays({{formattedDaysToAdd: {{issue.customfield_10015.plusDays({{formattedDaysToAdd}})}}"
No matter how I try to add, using a formatted variable, it's throwing the same error.
Any guidance here would be a great help to move forward.
Thanks in Advance.