Hello everyone,
is there a possibility to check the cloning of sub-tasks by default? For example, the attachments are active within this process
Best regardsDaniel
Hi @Daniel ,
Currently, admins cannot control what's selected by default in this modal screen. Here's a feature suggestion for this particular topic: JRACLOUD-84153: Allow admins to set defaults for Clone Issue action in issue dropdown menu
So, for now, users would need to manually select the sub-tasks option if they would like for sub-tasks to be cloned together with their parent issue.
Cheers,Tom
Hi @Daniel
It is not that easy but you can use Automation rules for that as it is explain in this KB :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/automation-how-to-clone-tasks-stories-along-with-their-sub-tasks-1235853548.html
Regards,
If you are willing to try a third-party app, our Deep Clone for Jira can be a massive help.
It allows you to create fully customizable cloning Presets, ensuring that sub-tasks, attachments, and other fields are included automatically. You can save time by eliminating the need to manually select options every time you clone an issue.
@Tomislav Tobijasthanks a lot! I voted for the suggestion.
@Cyrille Martinthanks a lot. I tried it and it worked.I think this is an alternative option for me. We will see 😀
Hi @Luka Hummel - codefortynine
thanks for the answer! 😊
I will try this app 🙌🏻
Best regards,
Daniel
Hi @Daniel,
I know the pain, when working with my teams as a PM I often clone with sub-tasks and having it preselected by default makes it easier (it's so easy to forget to click on all the options).
I can see that there were some great suggestions posted already, so I hope you managed to solve it for your team I thought I will add one more alternative, just in case others who read this question look for solutions. On daily basis my team and I use Clone Plus for Jira app - I am also a PM of that app.
Basically you can setup a "Clone operation" (it's like a template) where you can define that by default you want to clone sub-tasks, so that users don't need to remember to select it each time. And this template can be already selected by default for all (or selected) issue types, so it's even less clicks. Here is some additional documentation in case you would like to learn more.Best regards,Marta
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.