Hi everyone. I'm trying to create a smart value variable to use as part of an automation and I'm not sure why it's not working.I want to add a label that shows the due date year when a particular kind of issue type is created. So for example if the due date is June 4, 2026, then a label that says "2026" would get added by the automation. This is what I've set up:And then:But this what gets populated:Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi @Susan Merola
The Due Date field is a "date type" and Labels are text. The date value must be formatted to be used as a label, as described here: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/#Date-format---
For example, you could use this to get just the year value as text:
{{issue.duedate.format("yyyy")}}
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill. Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I hadn't thought about that but it makes perfect sense. I've just tested out the string you shared and I got this:
So maybe there's some other step that I'm missing? This is what my whole automation looks like:
Any guidance would be most welcome. Thanks!
Would you please post images of your Edit Issue Fields action and of the audit log details showing the rule execution? Thanks!
Sure, thanks for the quick reply! Here's the Edit Issue action:
And here's the log entry:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.