Hi, I wanted to create a new workspace at https://bitbucket.org/account/workspaces/ using the menu from the right upper corner under my initials (your profile), but I see only...Recent workspacesAll workspacesLogout------------There is no menu "Create workspace". I checked also on the page "All workspaces", but it's not there either. I will appreciate any comments or suggestions concerning this. Many thanks in advance.
Hi @PeterKMX,
I see that your Atlassian account is an admin of two organizations. You should be able to see both organizations listed in https://admin.atlassian.com/, one of them has a name that starts with 'd' and the other one with 'p'.
The organization whose name starts with 'p' doesn't have the new User Management experience enabled, which is why you cannot create a Bitbucket workspace in it.
The organization whose name starts with 'd' does have the new User Management experience enabled, so you should be able to create a Bitbucket workspace in it. Please note you will need to navigate to the menu item Products from the menu at the top (next to the Directory menu item), to be able to add a product.
If you don't want to create the Bitbucket workspace in the 'd' organization
There are two options:
1. I can ask my team internally to migrate your organization whose name starts with 'p' to the new User Management experience. Please note that this can take a couple of days to get completed.
In order for this to be enabled, I'll need you to add a Jira site to this organization first (select Products from the top menu, next to Directory, and then Add product). You can delete this Jira site later.
2. Another option is that you create a new organization via https://admin.atlassian.com/o/create and then create a new Bitbucket workspace in it. You can then delete the organization 'p', if it has no other products listed in it.
Please feel free to let me know how you'd like us to proceed and if you have any questions.
Kind regards,Theodora
Hi @PeterKMX ,
This post has the answer about of how workpaces are created now.
Thank you,checking as we speak I will post my feedback asap,BR
Continuing .. no it is not working for me as it cannot find Bitbucket under products, so I am stuck at this moment. Before I was able ( I think ) to create a workspace simply under https://bitbucket.org/account/workspaces/ Thanks anyway, BR
Do you have an 'add product' as per below?
Hi Theodora, @Theodora Boudale Sorry for being late, this due to too many travels recently...But first and foremost, many thanks for looking into my question!I will follow your advice and will try to organize my workspaces and repo's as you suggest. Bitbucket is a great place which I've been using in the past, and I am eager for a re-start in a new context from my side ... Thank you again,Best regards,Peter
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.