How will the automation limits be defined once Jira Software and Jira Work Management are unified?
Hi everyone,
After escalating this question to Atlassian support, here’s the update regarding Automation limits:
Following the merger of JWM with JSW, there will only be one unified set of Automation limits for Jira. These limits will depend on your Jira licensing plan.In essence, there will no longer be two separate products—just Jira, with its Automation limits determined by your plan.
These are the current usage limits for each plan (https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/how-is-my-usage-calculated/#What-are-my-usage-limits):
If you're wondering, What will happen to my Automations after the product merge?
Don't worry, you won't lose any Automations. All your existing rules will remain intact and will be incorporated into the Jira product.
For example, if you have JSW with a Standard licensing plan and your current usage shows 281 automations for Jira and 278 for JWM, these will be combined after the merge. Your usage will then be 559 (281 + 278) out of the total 1700 limit.
Hi @Nicolás Guzmán
Short answer: I recommend working with your Jira Site Admin to send that question directly to Atlassian Support / Billing for an answer: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
That is a great question! I hypothesize the answer is the "Jira" limit will apply to the net total as they will become one product. And, I checked several sources and found no information about automation usage limits and this merging of products:
When you hear back from Atlassian, please post what you learn to benefit the community. Thanks!
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy ,
Yes, I’m aware. As a Jira Admin, I couldn’t find any documentation about it either.I’ve already raised a ticket with Atlassian Support and will share their response here
Thanks!
Thank you for the update!
@Nicolás Guzmán -- It seems the Atlassian Support response indicates what I hypothesized: there will be one total and it will not increase; instead it will be the maximum of whichever value existed before, by license level.
That means the new (total) limit for usage of rules in Jira and JWM will likely be:
That is, a net usage loss of 100 for Free license, 1,000 for Standard, and 1,000 multiplied by the number of users for Premium!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.