Hi Jira community,
I am new to jira so bear with me 
Ideally, I would live to be able to assign one issue to multiple epics. However, since you can't and I now need to figure out the best work around.
Our team is new to jira and are using it for project work. Our hierarchy is initiative, epic (large body work), story (projects), task. All communications for each story (our projects) require review and approval before they are sent out.
Currently all that info is stored on a spreadsheet, categorized, and used by people to upload, assign date, and approve communications before they are sent.
Ideally, we need to have one central place for our comms person to go in jira and see all the communications for all the multiple project in one place.
I was considering unconventional approaches such as:
add a communication column to our workflow, add a dependency to the stories (depends on communications) add a comms component to the story when created, this way it is easy to filter and track, or create another board pointing to the same project that filters all the communications.
I'm thinking the cleanest option is the component.
Does anyone have any advice?
Thank you!