Hello Atlassian Community,
We use Jira Service Management for our internal service desk to handle stakeholder feature requests, bugs etc.
To improve the quality and structure of the information we receive, I would like to automatically prefill the "Description" field with a text template based on the request type.
For example, for a Feature Request, I would like the description to include a set of predefined questions like:
- What problem does this solve?
- How much time / resources does it currently consume to do this task manually?
- What factual data or evidence supports this request?
Stakeholders should be able to see these prefilled questions in the "Description" field and respond directly beneath them.
Here's what I’ve tried and discovered so far:
- I checked Jira Service Management settings but couldn't find an option to prefill or auto-insert text templates into the "Description" field.
- I understand the "Display Description" setting allows adding static text below the field, but this isn't suitable because it doesn't let users directly edit or reply beneath the questions. And I fear that nobody will ready the instructions
- I tried to create a dedicated automation but this also didn't seem to work.
My question:
How can I automatically prefill the "Description" field with a template based on the request type (one for bugs, one for feature requests) in Jira Service Management? Are there any settings, workarounds, or marketplace apps that can achieve this?
Thanks in advance for your help!
