Bear with me. I know that isn't supported, at least by default. But...
I have a board that will be used for a single project that will last four month (Nov through Feb). We have been completing work on that project during the last month. Some is done, some in progress, etc. But we never actually started a sprint (were working in a Kanban frame). I have been asked to develop a burndown chart for the entire project. My two options are:
- Build it by hand using Excel or something
- Use a scrum board in Jira to view the work and build a sprint from today through the end of the project (some time in Feb). Will work nicely moving forward, but will show none of the work completed so far.
- Use a scrum board in Jira to view the work and build a sprint from when we started through the end of the project. This will show the full timeline, but will have a month of no progress, since again, the Done items are already done.
I considered marking the Done items to "In Progress", assign them to the sprint, and then mark them as Done, but then I lose the original done date, which from what I have read can't be modified.
I really would prefer to use Jira so I don't have to manually update a spreadsheet with progress.
Any suggestions?