Hi,
We would really need the copy-feature back as it was in Confluence Server. It makes no sense to need to have Add-permissions to just copy an article to another space. When will this be solved?
Best regards,
Ylva
Hi @Ylva Andersson ,
You might want to check open suggestions on jira.atlassian.com (JAC) for this. I didn't work that much with Confluence on the server so I don't particularly know how this looked like there.
However, as soon you copy the page to another space, it will open in editor mode where you can still set page permissions.
Additionally, you can always include or embed a page to another page (if that's acceptable) and with this, you can have only one 'source' content without having duplicates and having to manage and update things on different sides.
Fyi, if there is no open suggestion for this, you can always reach out to Atlassian Support and they can probably create one for you.
Cheers,Tom
Thanks Tom! This is an important feature for us, and I have seen that this is important to other people as well in this forum. I will contact Support.
Hi @Ylva Andersson and welcome to the community.
You may want to take a look at the Copy Page Tree app (it adds more features than just mere copying).
If your use case is more complex, such as synchronizing content from one space to another), Comala Publishing and Space Sync for Confluence are my go-to apps.
Hi Ylva,
This is a tricky limitation when you don’t have the right permissions, especially for bulk content changes. If managing content across multiple spaces is a frequent need, you might find a tool like Panorama for Confluence helpful. While it doesn't bypass Atlassian’s security policies, it could streamline organising and editing content where you do have permissions, potentially saving time.
Hope this helps, and happy to share more details if needed!
Thanks Kristian! I will have a look at these apps.
Thank you! I will have a look at this tool.
No worries Ylva - as a newly launched app we have lots additional features currently in progress so heres a link to our public roadmap incase its useful to you whilst reviewing
Kind regards,
Tom
@Tom_Carrott_Adaptavist I forgot to check the latest edition of Panorama (despite using it this morning for a different purpose)
You're pushing the updates really fast
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.