We created a Custom field in our Jira project that Calculates the total number of related ZenDesk tickets related to the Jira issue. Once I built a filter to try to rank the issues by zendesk ticket count, it only returned three issues. I searched for a few other known issues in the project, and after I viewed them they appeared on the list. Also, an email was sent to the support agent saying the issues were updated. So it looks like the field populates on view. In order for the field to be used as intended, it needs to be populated for all open issues. I know jira issues can be bulk updated, but it looks like you have to add a static value. This field needs to calculate values. Also, I don't know if bulk edit will send out thousands of emails saying the issues have been updated. Do you know of a way to populate the field without having to open and view all the existing issues? Our Jira Admin already tried the following:
Ran a bulk update to make it effective but it doesn’t seem to resolve. added a label and removed a label.
Reindexed Jira and zendesk integration. Didn't help either.