Hello everyone, I'm having an issue with the JQL Search endpoint. When reading the documentation at https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-search/#api-rest-api-3-search-jql-get it is stated that the expected response should be a JSON with an "issues" array containing the tickets information.
However, when I use the endpoint to search for issues I only get a list of IDs, without any other ticket details.
Am I doing something wrong?Here's an example of the response I get:
Hello @Caio Obatake Watari Gonçalves Cadini
What is the payload/full API call you are making?
Are you including the fields parameter? According to the documentation of that parameter, "id" is the only field returned by default.
As a GET call, you can troubleshoot in your browser. I just ran this call against my instance and it worked as expected:
https://splitdimedata.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/search?jql=Project=GTMS2&maxResults=20&startAt=0
Have you used your REST call before? I can get close to your response (ID only) if I add the "&fields=id" to my API Call.
You may want to make sure your JQL string isn't causing an issue.... (Here's a hint - use a filter whenever possible jql=filter=88888). You can also experience strange behavior if you are not logged in or authenticated correctly. Is you call embedded in code somewhere?
Run your GET call in the browser and trouble shoot from there.
Good luck!
Yes, but that is a deprecated endpoint (as of mid-2024, and it just disappeared for good recently)
So using `/search?jql=` behaves as you described but using `/search/jql?jql=` behaves as the OP described.
I encountered the same problem with the API, and the way to get more information about the issue is to define the list of fields you are interested in in the payload.
For example, if I want the API to return the issue key and issue reporter, I need to send this payload to the API:
{ "jql": "project = Brukerportalen", "fields": [ "key", "reporter" ]}
Hope that helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.