Hi All,
Invalid request payload when i am trying to assign issues in jira cloud using account id- please help
my $update_data1= '{ "fields": { "assignee": { "accountId": "712020:a9b1948f-5348-4f52-96bd-bc33dff89ead" } } }';
$jira_rest->PUT("https://cmegroup-sandbox-461.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/$issue_key/assignee",$update_data1);
$VAR1 = '{"errorMessages":["Invalid request payload. Refer to the REST API documentation and try again."]}';
Hi @saravanan subramanian
Because you are using the assignation endpoint and not edit endpoint you do not have to specify the field to update.
Payload should be like this
const bodyData = `{ "accountId": "5b10ac8d82e05b22cc7d4ef5" }`;
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-3-issue-issueidorkey-assignee-put
Regards
You might first double check the account id (or have that person do it for you with the rest MYSELF endpoint).
Otherwise, I don't know the answer but I know where to look.... if you are comfortable with Postman, the libraries are linked on the API document page. My guess is you can get a clean "body" format there
Thank you very much for the quick turnaround worked very well
Thanks for your reply.
I was able to use the below
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.