I've deactivated a lot of users but their personal space still shows up. Do I need to delete them first in order to get rid of their personal space or are they two different things?
Thanks!
Hi Cate,
I am afraid that you will have to delete the spaces manually. Users who have created content cannot be deleted, they should be disabled, but the content they have generated will not be deleted.
All the best,
Peter
Hello Cate,Peter is correct, and the first thing you should do in order to delete the space is to check the permissions for it, in case you have it, you can delete it.Follow this doc for it: Deleting a space or Spaces.I hope this helps!
In my case, I have first removed a user. Then, I tried to delete it as explained above. But I cannot delete it because of disappearance of the delete tab.
I encountered the same dead end. I settled for archiving the space, which removes it from the space directory. Seems odd that personal spaces can't be deleted because the documentation saying members of confluence-administrators can do this.
I found a way to delete the spaces. When you are in the personal space details and can NOT see the delete option, click the "Overview" tab and magically the option to delete appears. Very strange.
Thanks Tim, that worked for me
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.