I moved an epic having child issues to another projct and all child issues dissappead. I lost all my job and i cant roll back
Hi @Antonio Koronios
What type of project are you using: company-managed or team-managed?
If you are using a team-managed project, when you moved the Epic to another project, you were likely prompted if you also wanted to move the child issues. What did you select to do: move them, or not?
If you did not select to move them, their relationship to the parent Epic was removed and the child issues remained in their original project(s). In that case you could move them to the new project and re-connect them to the parent Epic.
Kind regards,Bill
I've done many times as well. To add to what @Bill Sheboy said, I usually find one of the child issues. If you look in the history of the ticket, it'll show that the Epic was changed from something to nothing.
I then use that epic id to find all the child issues. You can move them over 1 by 1 and res-associate them in the new project.
Please let us know if you were able to recover your child issues.
Hi @Bill Sheboy
The destination project is software development - kanban - team-managed and YES I selected to move the child.
The result is I can see the EPic only the "list" view and no on the board.
I also confirm that the child issues are existing into the source project but unlinked to the parent (logical due that the previously parent is not any more into the source project.
Hi @Jessica Romero and @Bill Sheboy
OK got it, I will proceed but I would like primary to resolve also the following: How to re-appear my epic into the board
Thanks a lot for your supportAntonio
If you selected to move them, and they did not move, and both projects (source and destination) are team-managed, this seems like a defect.
I checked and did not see an open defect for this in the public backlog, so if you did observe this symptom I suggest working with your Jira Site Admin to submit a defect here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.