Hi all! I'm looking for a rule that will change a common field in all sub-tasks of a Story when that field is changed in any one of the associated sub-tasks. Here is our structure with one common custom field listed as an example:
Story1
- - Sub-task1 - Product Team
- Course SKU (custom field)
- - Sub-task2 - Design Team
- Course SKU (custom field)
- - Sub-task3 - DEV Team
- Course SKU (custom field)
- - Sub-task4 - Delivery Team
- Course SKU (custom field)
Let's say the Course SKU, which each team needs to know, changes for some reason at Sub-task2 when the project is with our Design Team. Currently, I have a rule that when at value is changed at the Story level, it trickles down and changes all the sub-tasks. But I've been asked to now create the inverse - a rule that, in this scenario would allow the Design Team to change the Course SKU in their sub-task, and have that automatically updated in the Story plus all its other sub-tasks.
I was able to make a rule that successfully trickles up to the Story and changes the Course SKU there:

I have another rule that changes common values for all sub-tasks when a value is changed at the Story level. This works great when a value is changed manually in the Story, but is not kicking in when that value is changed by the Sub-task to Story rule I screenshot above.
My thinking was that the rule above (change in single Sub-task = change in Story) would then activate the rule below (change in Story = change in all Sub-tasks) but it's not working.

Any help here or suggestions on solutions would be MUCH appreciated.
Bryan