I have created a Kanban project for my team and I am the administrator of our account.I created an EPIC issue in my board and I am looking to add several subtask to the EPIC. When I open the EPIC issue in Jira I am NOT seeing the "Add a child issue" button under the EPIC name. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Mike
Hi @Mike McMahon
Welcome to our Community.
The menu may be collapsed and you could expand it or check it from the menus under the Epic Summary.
Good luck,
YY Brother
Thanks for the quick response - I do not believe the menu is collapsed. Here is a snapshot of the EPIC:
Hello Mike,you can click on "+Add" you will have an option to create child issue,again in options if you are not able to see the subtask because of issue type hierarchy.Thanks
shivakumar
Thanks for your response! I did look at the issue type hierarchy beforehand.Since we are using the FREE version it does not allow me to change any of the hierarchy.Below is the snapshot of how our issue hierarchy is setup:
Hello Mike,As best practice you can create story/Task under epic and can create subtask under those story/task,again if you change the hierarchy it will be applicable to all the projects.
Thanksshiva
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.