Hi! I'm trying to figure out how to pair down a new JIRA project and make it as simple as possible. I'm currently looking at Subtasks vs Checklist & Components vs Labels.
So far I really like subtasks, even though they pose some issues doing batch operations since they seem to be a different type of ticket somewhat, but I can get around that with some selection filters easily enough. I really like their % complete tracker, same as in Epics.. and just the fact that they're assignable to people, etc.
Checklists are interesting, and seem like I could use them sort of like subtasks, where it's a collection of things that need to be complete for the parent task/story to be done. If that isn't their intended use and this isn't a good comparison, and they're more for little things within a subtask, for example.. then I'm not really interested, and I'd just go full subtasks.
Curious on your take!
As for Components and Labels, they seem to have a bunch of overlap. I also just realized in the team managed kanban + backlog project I just started, I only have labels.. so that sort of takes care of the question in that context.. but in the Scrum project, it seems to make sense to hide one of these??
Curious to hear your take on this too!
Thanks~