Hi Brainstrust!
So I'm trying to figure out the best way to show a simplifed view (Trello-like swimlanes) of all work the Tech team is doing across multiple projects/boards.
I know there is Plans, and it's great, but of the views available, it's a bit much/overwhelming for my Executive level stakeholders as a view.
Ideally there would be a way to create a Parent Epic that all similar epics across the company managed and team managed boards could link into and then show that higher view of where it is e.g. in progress, in development, in UAT etc.
An example of this would be the mobile and web team having their own team managed board where they both have the same feature epic e.g. "Sign In" and then me wanting to be able to show "Sign In" and it's progress simply in a swimlane view, but then linked to each individual epic from the other projects to then be able to see their individual status, e.g. one in To Do and the other in In Progress
Let me know what I could do here to work. I found these videos on YouTube that talk about creating an Initiative item type and then parent linking epics to that, but it wasn't clear if I'd be able to link to the SAME initiative across/from multiple projects in JIRA to then show in Plans. And then from there, even if I can, there is not really (as far as I know) a more simplified swimlane view of projects in 'Plans'
Thank you!