I'm on a 30day OnDemand trial of Confluence. I'm putting together a demo showing the wiki as intranet but also as an external partner portal with access to selected internal pages. I was told the best way to handle cantent that needs to be shared this was is a separate space, which I called Shared Content.
I'm afraid I'm messing up the permissions. I've created a group for our company and a group for each partner, and added users. I attempted to remove the partner users from the confluence-users group. However, I get nothing but Permission Denied when they log in. If I put the partner users back in the confluence-users group, then then dashboard shows all internal pages as well as the partner pages.
What, if any, restrictions do I need to put on the Shared Content space? I want partners to be able to view, add comments, and export to PDF any pages linked from the Shared Content space.
And did I mention that I have to do this demo this week? :-) I'll keep reading, of course, but I could use a slightly steeper learning curve on this one. Any assistance you can offer would be welcome.
Thanks.