I need an automation to create an issue. In that issue that it creates, I need the automation to populate the label field. The contents of the label field need to come from a comma delimited text field, I'm having difficulty implementing this.
Here are the steps I've taken so far:
- Create the text variable with the contents (this is an input from the user): {{myValiable}} = "a,b,c"
- In the issue creation automation, I select the "Label" field and write the following smart values: {{myVariable.split(",").distinct}}

When I run this, even though I don't have spaces, I get an error saying that the label cannot contain spaces:

Some other things that I've attempted are to try to change the smart value expression to the following:
- {{myVariable.split(",").distinct.trim()}}
- {{myVariable.split(",")}}
Additionally, I've attempted to add the labels after creation by creating the issue and sending the key of the created issue and each individual label (though advanced branching) through a websocket, then through a different automation adding the labels in. But the problem with this method is that it creates a race condition and not all labels get added because they override one another...