In short: a comment appears on a linked issue when I resolve the original one. I thought this is caused by my automation, but I disabled all and it still happens.
I have a weird side effect of an automation syncing comments back and forth between two JSM projects where issues are linked by a specific link type. (I'm on Cloud)
I'm triggering the automation with "issue commented" and "comment added during status transition" added besides "comment is the main action".
When transitioning an issue to Done on Issue A where Issue A "causes" Issue B a comment appears on Issue B saying Issue A has been changed to a status of Done. It only happens on the transition going into Done status. There is no transition screen on this transition.
The user appearing is an admin and created the project, however, I changed the Project Lead since, they are not a reporter nor assigned nor related to the issues by any means. The same happens on a different Project but with a different admin user. All my automations are set to use the Automation for Jira as an actor.
For a long time, I thought it was related to "comment added during status transition", and tried to reorganize the rules.
I spent a lot of time investigating until a point where I disabled all automation rules I created running on the issues affected and the comment still appears. (Two other seemingly unrelated rules triggered, but in theory, they don't have comment action and have already existed for a long time now, just doing some cleanup in the fields. They are global and running frequently, it's not an option to disable them too.)
I checked workflow post functions, nothing special there, nothing that indicates they have to do something with linked issues.
Any ideas on what could cause such a comment besides automation? Thanks.
(Intentionally not posting any screenshots of automation rules as they seem irrelevant after it turned out this also happens after disabling them.)
