The app has been approved by my Jira admin, but I can't see it in the app list on the Jira app. Please could someone advise how I access it so I can start creating reports?
HI @Natalie Keane
Welcome to the community.
Did your Jira admin instal the app already?
See documentation of the app here; creating-and-deleting-sheets
Yes but it's not showing in the app list. Does something else need to happen?
Hi @Natalie Keane
Yes the app needs to be installed on your instance by an admin.
See documentation on the app; https://jxl.app/docs/guide/installation/#jira-cloud
Not all apps have the function that they appear in the Apps menu dropdown.
Read the documentation of the app how to use the app, I posted this in my previous reply as well
I'm not sure what you mean by "app needs to be installed on your instance"? I got an email from Jira/admin to say it has been approved. Your link just takes me to finding it in the app list.
Read the apps documentation on how to use the app.
But as I read the documentation global permissions need to be set, see https://jxl.app/docs/guide/permissions/#global-permissions
This has to be done by your admin
You need to address your admin that approving an app is in most cases not sufficient that user can start using the features.
But also if you require an app read the documentation if there are settings to be done (by an admin) before you as a user can use the app.
Hello Natalie and Marc,
Assuming the app is actually installed (as opposed to only approved) in the Jira site, the permissions should have been set automatically so that all users can view and edit sheets by default in all projects. You shouldn't have to manually do that.
However, in rare cases this fails due to known bugs in Atlassian's app activation.
Please confirm (or have your admin confirm) that you have been granted the JXL: View sheets permission either globally or in relevant projects' permission schemes.
Also feel free to reach out to us at support.jxl.app for help. We can't help with app installation (that would be Atlassian Support) but if there are any questions with regard to the JXL app itself, e.g. about permissions, let us know.
Thanks,
Daniel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.