What's the process I need to follow?
See Importing data from CSV
You can by putting the files on a remote available location and linking the issues and the files on the CSV you import.
Cheers
So are you saying that I can edit the CSV I export, and alter the path to the attachment references?
What contitutes a "remote available location"? Something like SkyDrive?
Yes, see the Importing Attachments section in Importing Data from CSV
A 'remote available location' is any file location available online and can be HTTP or HTTPS. If the file can be downloaded by just pasting the URL in an incognito window, then you are good.
Cheers!
How do I export the project to CSV? If I export all issues, I get a CSV, but it does not have an references to attachments in it. I suspect I am not exporting it in the right way.
Cheers,
Craig Bourner
Ok worked out that a "backup" can be used to import a single project.
Looking at the XML, I see an attachment as:
<FileAttachment id="10050" issue="10160" mimetype="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet" filename="CRM_Access_Design.xlsx" created="2011-02-22 16:24:11.773" filesize="12543" author="tony" thumbnailable="0"/>
I also have a file under:
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\data\attachments\DE\DE-5 called 10050_CRM_Access_Design.xlsx
If I upload these attachments into a SkyDrive folder, can I just replace the filename attribute value with a URL to the file?
If not, what do I need to do?
All sorted, thanks.
How do I mark this as resolved?
I am getting e-mails telling me to do this, but other than "Answer Your Own Questions" which is broken, I can't see a way of doing this.
Issue is resolved.
Hi Craig, you probably get the option when hoovering the mouse over my first answer. Only you can select it as Answered so the option should appear around the answer.
Cheers!Mauro
Nope, I can only convert MY questions into answers, which they are not!
I will do this anyway to close it off, thanking you again for your assistance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.