Hi,
I'm interested in setting up SSO/SAML with Azure AD/Entra as the identity provider. I've read through two guides and a youtube video on how to set it up, but I'm confused about some initial steps.
- Microsoft:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity/saas-apps/atlassian-cloud-tutorial
- Atlassian Guide:
https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/configure-saml-single-sign-on-with-an-identity-provider/
As an Atlassian org admin, I have a number of Atlassian Jira / Confluence sites (separate subdomain on atlassian.net) as well as hundreds of unmanaged users. This is where I have a lot of questions in the ordering of the setup:
To setup SSO/SAML, should I first claiming some of the unmanaged users to become managed users and use those subset of users as trial? Eventually all of those users will need to be managed (under the same domain) to use SSO/SAML, right?
When setting up SSO/SAML, how do I set it up for multiple sites with multiple subdomains? Should I add multiple Azure Enterprise Application to handle each site? or is there a way to incorporate multiple sites onto a single Enterprise Application?
Thank you,
-Boris