Hi Atlassian Community,
I’m facing some really frustrating issues with Automation.
We're using ProForma Forms in our company. Each or most of our request types include a form. Most of the fields inside these forms are connected to custom fields. For example, the Descriptionfield inside the form is mapped to a customfield "Description (CF)"
When a customer submits a form and I use the value from this custom field to copy it into the Description field, it only works intermittently. Even when the same user submits the same form, the behavior is inconsistent. The automation setup is identical in all cases, but sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t.
For context, I have a radiobox with options for:
- "Which kind of feedback do you want to submit?"
- Automation
- Forms
- User Interface
The value from the Description (CF) only gets copied when "Automation" is selected. However, when "Forms" is selected, it doesn’t get copied.
This inconsistency is really frustrating and wastes a lot of my time. It also affects other automation rules. I’ve tried splitting automations into smaller ones, thinking the original rules might be too complex, but that didn’t help. I’ve also used the “Re-fetch Issue Data” action with a 5-second delay, but that didn’t resolve the issue either.
I really like Jira, but these kinds of issues are driving me crazy.