I created an automation
When I validate the JQL, I do see issues that satisfy the query. But I get this warning
I am not sure what this is telling me.
The warning you got in the first version of you automation is because it is expecting the JQL to be part of scheduled trigger component, similar to this template:
I updated the rule to look like this
Will wait to see if there is success, but does a branch just force the automation to iterate over the issues?
In the new schedule component the JQL is hidden until you click the checkbox at the bottom that allow you to run a JQL
I see - I missed the additional options for scheduling, including the query at the end. I I removed the JQL block and jumped to the Then block. And it worked! Thank you.
@Alex Norcross -
I agreed with @Mikael Sandberg suggestion. This is something that one would overlook when using scheduled trigger, so you are not alone.
Yes, the branch setup will iterate over the issues - Here is a reference link on branch operation for you to take a look -
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/branch-automation-rules-to-perform-actions-on-related-issues/
Hope this also helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Thank you! Branches appear they will be useful for other automations.
Yes, the branch will iterate over each issue returned by the JQL, it has the same affect as adding the JQL to the initial schedule trigger.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.