Hi there
We're currently doubling down on our IT documentation in Confluence. A main topic of discussion is: Where should things be documented and how do we make it dynamic enough to avoid duplicated content. Let's take the following example:
I have a firewall on which I run services such as Network filtering, ssl-vpn and so on. Now, ssl-vpn itself relies again on other services outside the firewall. Let's say some on-prem gateway and a domain. In my understanding it now makes sense to create a page for the firewall and one page for ssl-vpn. But what I also want is some kind of relation between the two pages so when I open the firewall document I always know what services are related to it. How do you guys do this? The whole thing should be as dynamic as possible so I don't need to update multiple pages whenever I perform a change.
Here's what I've tested:
- tag pages and use the tag filter macro on the firewall page. So far my favorite
- Embed page: Can make a document huge and still need to manually add another header
- excerpt macro
Do you have any smarter ideas on how to achieve that?
Cheers!