The goal is to have the same sprint dates for the 3 future sprints across multiple projects. This is done on a rolling basis, so when the sprint ends, the future sprint (2 weeks in the future) is created.
To do this I'm setting up an automation that creates the future sprints when the current sprint is closed. The automation is triggered on sprint completion, which creates a new sprint with start date 28 days {{now.plusDays(28)}} in the future and ends in 42 days {{now.plusDays(42)}}.
I have 3 issues with this approach.
- If I forget to close the sprint on the correct date, the future sprints will be created on the wrong date
- The Sprint name in automation is hard-coded. I want the name of the sprint to be an incremental increase. The naming being, Proj A Sprint 1, Proj B Sprint 1, Proj A Sprint 2, Proj B Sprint 2 and so on.
- If a project creates there own future sprints, the automation will create sprints in the same time span, meaning there will two sprints for the same dates on a project.
For example, when I close Proj M Sprint 2 on Feb. 03 2025, sprints Proj A Sprint 5 and Proj B Sprint 5 are created with start date Mar. 03 and end Mar.17.