When I use the smart value {{objectType.size}} it only displays 100 when I clearly have more objects than that. Is this a jira limitation??
It is a limitation in automations, yes. Any lookup function in automation will only return the first 100 results it get back. The workaround would be to use a web request and the Post object AQL to get more than 100 objects.
@David Hart ,
As per the Automation service limits I would expect this to be a limitation of the lookupObjects action. It's not specifically defined here, but for its 'brother' lookupIssues, the limit of 100 issues is mentioned here.
Other than getting the number of objects, what are you trying to accomplish? Maybe there is another way if the context is clear
Hi @David Hart
Can you show your automation?
But I also seem to remember that smart values only get the first 100 options.
@Bill Sheboy can you confirm this?
And if you are looking for the count you can use Post object aql totalcount.
Unfortunately, just the number of objects. My goal is display our software assets (schema in a confluence page and in a separate schema (schema A) we track each software and how many employees have an account. So I setup automation, when a new object is created in schema A, schema B updates with the number of objects in a certain objectType in schema A. So our confluence page does not have to be manually updated every time we add a new account in schema A.USE CASE: When someone views the confluence page they see the software description, the vendor, security policies, who is the admin etc. (data from schema and number of users (data from schema A brought into schema B via automation)I sure hope this makes sense lol
Hi @Marc -Devoteam-
As others have noted: yes, that is the limit. The rule engine uses the REST API endpoints and those mostly have a 100 record limit.
Kind regards,Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.