Hello,
I use a Jira Service Management Project (Portal login required) to communicate with my customers.
The customers users are listed in the Site Management "Jira Service Management" and not below "Users". The users should not be active license users, the role "Customers" is the correct one.

If I Create a new ticket to communicate with the customer, I use the function "Raise this request on behalf of".

After the ticket is created, the registered and complete new customer receives this mail:

This works pretty well with the Jira User Interface, and I can create tickets on behalf of customers and inform them about product changes.
My problem is, I want to automate this. It happens that I need to contact 50 customers with the same ticket description and summary, only the mail addresses are different.
You can imagine, that this is a stupid job to create each ticket manually, and I want to make it smarter.
My attempts
1. CSV import
I have uploaded a CSV via System / Import and export / External System Import - used the "Old experience" with a configuration file.
I have tested it with a completely new user, which was never registered on my portal, and a registered user.
For the unregistered user, I got this message from the import:

The user is marked as "Anonymous" in the ticket:
![2024-11-12 15_56_29-1784] TEST - for multiple creation - Jira.png 2024-11-12 15_56_29-1784] TEST - for multiple creation - Jira.png](https://us.v-cdn.net/6038660/uploads/images/358237i679B16025D8C28D5/2024-11-12%2015_56_29-1784%5D%20TEST%20-%20for%20multiple%20creation%20-%20Jira.png)
The unknown / unregistered user gets this mail:

This email does not contain any indication that this invitation comes from my company and can confuse customers. This email is only sent if I use the CSV import, but not if I contact the unregistered user via the Jira UI like above.
The registered user does not get any information / mail that a ticket is created on behalf of him. He also does not have the created ticket in this customer portal in "Requests", but the ticket is created without problems. I have signed in with the registered test user (incognito tab) and can not find any request.
To confirm that I am on the correct issue, I changed my profile name to check whether the profile name is also changed in the ticket that was created via the CSV import. Yes, it is changed, which means that the ticket was created for the right person, but he cannot see his ticket.
CSV import summary:
- Registered users do not receive an info email and cannot access the created ticket,
- Unregistered users receive an info email, but with no indication that it comes from my company.
API endpoints
If I remember correctly, I also have tried it with the API endpoint POST / Create customer request (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-request/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-request-post) and get the same results.
Notes from the POST endpoint:
raiseOnBehalfOf - Is not available to Users who have the customer permission only.
But all my customers have only the permission "Customers".
My wish:
Creating very easy mass tickets on behalf of the customers, registered and unregistered customers gets a mail notification that a ticket is created on behalf of him. Ticket is visible for the customer in the portal in his Requests. I need an automation, because this is not a one time job, it happens quite often and every time I have customers which are registered and unregistered.
Is this possible with the CSV import, or maybe with a different API endpoint?