I'm running into an error with my Jira automation rule, and I'm hoping for some guidance or workarounds. Here’s the situation:
I have an automation rule set up to transition an issue to the "Waiting for Support" status whenever a comment is added, provided the current status is "Pending on Customer." In general, this rule works smoothly. However, when two comments are added almost simultaneously (within milliseconds of each other), the automation fails on the second attempt. I get the following error message:
Transition issue Error transitioning issues PR-XXXX (Can't move (PR-XXXX). You might not have permission, or the issue is missing required information. If you keep having this problem, contact your Jira Administrator.)
The issue isn’t related to permissions or the workflow settings. The error occurs because the second attempt to transition the issue is trying to move it to a status it's already in, due to the first comment-triggered transition occurring milliseconds earlier.
Is there a way to prevent the second transition attempt from failing if the issue has already been moved to "Waiting for Support"? Or any other workaround to handle simultaneous comment-triggered events?
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!