We use the default assignee field in JIRA for the developer doing the work on an issue. We have a second custom assignable field called 'QC' for the person testing the developed work.
I want JIRA to notify the person in the QC field when they are assigned an issue, the issue is edited, someone made a comment etc.
JIRA lets me add a custom field to a notification scheme however when I add the custom field QC to the 'you are assigned an issue' notification, the person in the QC field is not notified when they are assigned in the QC field.
When I read up on how to do this, it recommends either setting up a post-function or automation to notify the QC person. What is the best way to do this with the least amount of work to notify the person in the QC field when they are assigned an issue, the issue is edited, comments are added etc?