We use JIRA (Core 9.12.2) with JSM (5.12.2) on DC
When our Agents ask for Approval they will add a Custom Field comment "Approval Reason" to tell the Approver what this is about, as a regular comment may be lost in the Activity Section.
That part is simple and no issue.
Now, when the Approver gives the Approval or Denial, we do can ask for a comment, but this note may also get lost in the comments.
*Question*
Can I add a Custom Field in the Screen Transition of Approval?
I reckon it is a system transition, therefore not easily visible.
As workaround I thought about to copy the content of the comment from Approver into this custom field.
Is this comment field a regular one or a specific one, which I may get the address of? Because how does the Post-Workflow knows which comment to copy?

I am just thinking to have a specific tab where our Agents see all information directly, not to need to scroll through all comments
PS: we cannot upgrade to Cloud, I am looking for Server/DC solution.