Hello!
I’m stuck with JSM Automation (Cloud) and was wondering if any bright minds here could help me find the right way forward.
We have a service project where issue creation via email is enabled, and I want to reduce as many duplicates as possible. One place I want to start is by using a specific sender.
This sender has the email address example@eksempel.com, and in the subject line of the email, there is always a reference number, let’s call it ABC12345 for now.
What I want to do is have an automation that reads newly created issues, checks if this reference already exists in an existing issue, and then adds the body as a comment. If the reference doesn’t exist, I want Jira to continue with the issue creation.
The problem I’m running into is that when the reference doesn’t exist, Jira creates the issue as usual, but it seems like the rule goes back, checks the new issue, and adds the body to the comment field (duplicating the information in both the description and comment field).
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?
Here’s the rule I currently have:
When: Issue is created
If: Issue corresponds to JQL
reporter = example@example.com AND summary ~ "ABC*"
And: Issue corresponds to JQL
summary ~ "ABC*"
Then: Add comment to issue {{issue.description}}<br><br>