Hello,
I'm using Jira Cloud and am running into a bug when trying to perform some automation. Someone in our organization created a custom field called Sprint that is a short text field when they were configuring their issue details. Because of this, automation is failing when I attempt to update all items in the sprint, because it doesn't know whether to use the built-in default Sprint field or the custom short text field that was inadvertently created.
I used the API to find the duplicated field as shown in the screenshot below:

I'm sending the following command in a terminal:
curl -X DELETE -u <user>:<api_token> -H "Accept: application/json" "https://<domain>/rest/api/3/field/customfield_10229"
and I receive the following response:
{"errorMessages":["Field not found."],"errors":{}}%I also receive this same error message when I try to view the field in a browser at the following endpoint:
rest/api/3/field/customfield_10229/context
Can someone please tell me how we can get rid of that field entirely from the database? It's causing a ton of issues and appears to be a bug on Atlassian's side. Thanks.