Hi Jira Community,
I need assistance with setting up automation to update the status of parent issues based on the status of their child issues. I would like to automate this process to save time, as manual updates are inefficient.
Is there a way to automatically update parent issue statuses based on their child issue statuses in Jira? I feel this should be a basic functionality, but I’m not sure if there's a setting to enable this or if I need to set up specific automation rules.
Here are the status updates I am looking to achieve:
Subtask -> Task
• If all Subtasks of a Task are Done, set the Task to Done.
• If any Subtask is To Do or In Progress, set the Task to In Progress.
• If all Subtasks are in To Do or there are none, set the Task to To Do.
Task -> Epic
• If all Tasks of an Epic are Done, set the Epic to Done.
• If any Task is To Do or In Progress, set the Epic to In Progress.
• If all Tasks are in To Do or there are none, set the Epic to To Do.
Epic -> Feature
• If all Epics of a Feature are Done, set the Feature to Done.
• If any Epic is To Do or In Progress, set the Feature to In Progress.
• If all Epics are in To Do or there are none, set the Feature to To Do.
Any guidance on how to set this up efficiently or if there is an existing feature that can handle this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!